Saturday, August 22, 2015

"Stand On Zanzibar" by John Brunner

Now this book may be a science fiction but Zanzibar is a real place and probably more interesting than this book.

I decided to read this book because its reviews were literally glowing. Guess what? I hardly managed to read its first fifty pages.

I would admit that Brunner's writing style in "Zanzibar" is quite unusual, but I do not see it in a positive way. It is impossible to connect the dots when you are reading chapters. Even if it has some "cool" stuff it is not easy to understand from today's point of you how or what are those technological "things" actually doing. 

As I was reading the book I thought the book was written by someone under the influence of mind-altering drugs.

posted by David Usharauli     

No comments:

Post a Comment