Thursday, August 20, 2015

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams - Review

Every serious review of science fiction literature includes Hitchhiker's guide. So I thought, why not, let me try.

It did started quite well. It was funny, especially the first few chapters. I especially enjoyed conversation between Ford and depressed robot named Marvin. I also appreciated the author's concept related to non-anthropomorphic view of reverse evolutionary manipulation of humans by animals or plants.

However, once I reached the middle of the book, it became a total nonsense. It became more of the children's fantasy novel rather that science fiction. 

And then when I thought that novel was about to reveal its secrets, it suddenly ended. Apparently, there are several other subsequent novels  that follows this book. 

I was very disappointed. So much talk about it as a science-fiction classic and in the end it had simply too superficial narrative to make any serious review. 

posted by David Usharauli  

1 comment: