Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lem's "Solaris" remains true to its concept

I remember reading this famous book when I was teenager but could not recall much of it so I decided to re-read it. 

I got two impressions out of it: 

The first half is quite "scary" especially if you like to read books before going to sleep and it is dark around. 

The second half is incomprehensible. I did not understand it and lost interest. Thankfully it is a short novel so I finished it quickly.

In the end I will say that this novel copies its narrative and remains true to its core idea that people are not equipped [yet] to understand behavior of an alien life form. Unintended side effect of it is that reader will find herself/himself at a loss after reading this book.

posted by David Usharauli
     

No comments:

Post a Comment