Monday, October 17, 2016

Review of "The Man in the High Castle"


I had high expectations about this novel. I was wrong. It does not really matter if it is considered one of the SF masterworks. I acknowledge that first half is more or less interesting to read but the second half is a total mess.

One reason that I did not like this novel is the author's desire to show, in this alternative world, that the Japanese officials and their occupation Forces as benevolent and having no desire to abuse other conquered nations. In contrast, Germans are depicted as if constantly following a vicious and idiotic policies.

So, I did not understand the author's point to depict Japan and Germany so differently in their attitude towards conquered nations.

posted by David Usharauli 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment